PADi Discover Rebreather
- Be a PADi Openwater Diver or equivalent from another organisation
- Have a minimum of 15 logged dives
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Have a medical form signed by a Doctor
Who should take this course?
Rebreathers are intriguing. They’re cutting-edge dive technology. Always wanted to try one? The Discover Rebreather program lets you dive with a recreational rebreather or a technical closed
circuit rebreather (CCR) in controlled conditions with a PADI Rebreather Instructor or Tec CCR Instructor. You'll discover how quiet diving can be without bubbles and quickly learn how different
buoyancy control is. A Discover Rebreather experience is an ideal opportunity to give rebreathers a try before you sign up for a full course. Or, if you’re already a rebreather diver, you can
participate in the program to try a new or different type of rebreather.
What will I learn?
Your PADI Rebreather Instructor or Tec CCR Instructor will explain how rebreathers work and go over basic safety and operational instructions, such as what the rebreather is telling you
through the gauges and heads up display (HUD). In the water, your instructor will help you adjust your unit and get comfortable before letting you swim around and explore.
PADI Rebreather Diver course Goals are:
- Prepare the unit and pre water check a Type R Rebreather
- Gas managemnt and planning for your Type R Rebreather
- Conduct a predive safety check at the surface
- Tuition and instruction from our highly trained professionals
- All specialist equipment needed
- Dive insurance for the duration of the course
- Transfers to and from dive centre and dive locations
- Snacks and drinks during the break