PADi Discover Rebreather
|| 1/2 Day
- Be a PADi Openwater
Diver or equivalent from another organisation
- Have a minimum of 15 logged dives
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Have a medical form signed by a Doctor
Who should take this course?
Rebreathers are intriguing. They’re cutting-edge dive technology.
Always wanted to try one? The Discover Rebreather program lets you
dive with a recreational rebreather or a technical closed circuit
rebreather (CCR) in controlled conditions with a PADI Rebreather Instructor
or Tec CCR Instructor. You'll discover how quiet diving can be without
bubbles and quickly learn how different buoyancy control is. A Discover
Rebreather experience is an ideal opportunity to give rebreathers
a try before you sign up for a full course. Or, if you’re already
a rebreather diver, you can participate in the program to try a new
or different type of rebreather.
What will I learn?
Your PADI Rebreather Instructor or Tec CCR Instructor will explain
how rebreathers work and go over basic safety and operational instructions,
such as what the rebreather is telling you through the gauges and
heads up display (HUD). In the water, your instructor will help you
adjust your unit and get comfortable before letting you swim around
PADI Rebreather Diver course Goals are:
- Prepare the unit and pre water check a Type R Rebreather
- Gas managemnt and planning for your Type R Rebreather
- Conduct a predive safety check at the surface
- Tuition and instruction from our highly trained professionals
- All specialist equipment needed
- Dive insurance for the duration of the course
- Transfers to and from dive centre and dive locations
- Snacks and drinks during the break