|| Two days (minimum)
- Be a PADi Tec 40 Diver
or equivalent from another organisation
- Be Certified as a PADi
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Have a medical form signed by a Doctor
- Have 50 logged dives with the following:
- 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than
18M (60 feet)
- 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30M (100
Tec 45 Course
The PADi Tec 45 course picks up where Padi
Tec 40 leaves off and takes your diving in technical scuba equipment
training as a tec diver further and deeper. It is the second sub
course in the full PADi Tec 50 course.
Building on the Padi Tec 40 program,
the PADi Tec 45 module covers
the skills, equipment and planning needed to dive to a maximum of
The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression
dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate
or add conservatism to the decompression stops There would be no
time limit to amount of decompression. Prepare for and respond to
foreseeable technical diving emergencies. Master the basic skills
and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical
This program is intended for those divers who do not yet have the
prerequisite experience and training needed to move into technical
deep diving, but who wish to begin developing the skills and knowledge
involved. Its goals are:
- To qualify the diver to make gas-switch extended no-stop dives
to a maximum depth of 145 feet.
- Use a single decompression gas of EANx or Oxygen to accelerate
decompression or add conservatism to the dive.
- To train the diver in the motor skills required for technical
- To assure the diver understands and acknowledges the hazards
and risks involved with technical diving, as well as the limits
of the training received in this course.
- To train the diver to prepare for and respond to the reasonably
foreseeable emergencies that may occur in this type of diving.
- To provide the foundational skills and knowledge for completing
the entire Technical Diver Program.
You can download the
Medical Form Here
PADi Tec 45 Course Dives
The PADi Tec 45 diver must use full ‘standardised’ Tec rig, including
wings and doubles plus an additional Deco cylinder (note that side
mounted cylinders are an acceptable alternative to back mounted
doubles throughout the TecRec range).
A minimum of 4 dives will be required during the Tec45 course.
Dive One in Confined water or limited open water Depths:
2.4 metres - 10 metres
Dive Two in Open water Depths: 12 metres - 18 metres
Dive Three in Open Water Depths: 18 metres - 30 metres
Dive Four in Open Water Depths: 27 metres - 45 metres
The PADi Tec 50 course will enhance
your skills even further and also challenage you on Technical Diving