PADi Tec 50 Diver
|| Two days (minimum)
- Be a PADi Tec 45 Diver
or equivalent from another organisation
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Have a medical form signed by a Doctor
- Have 50 logged dives with the following:
- 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than
18M (60 feet)
- 15 dives were deeper than 30M (100 feet)
Tec 50 Diver Course
Once you have completed the requirements from the PADi
Tec 40 and PADi Tec 45 course,
the Tec 50 (formally Tec Deep Course) consists of five more Practical
Applications, and five more Training Dives.
Using twin manifolded tanks for the back gas plus two stage tanks
or two more sidemount tanks with up to 100% oxygen for decompression.
Tec Deep training takes a further three days to complete. Theory
is home-study or classroom with workbook with six Knowledge Reviews
and a Final Exam to complete.
This program is intended for those divers who do not yet have the
prerequisite experience and training needed to move into technical
deep diving, but who wish to begin developing the skills and knowledge
involved. Its goals are:
- To qualify the diver to make gas-switch extended no-stop dives
to a maximum depth of 145 feet.
- Use a single decompression gas of EANx or Oxygen to accelerate
decompression or add conservatism to the dive.
- To train the diver in the motor skills required for technical
- To assure the diver understands and acknowledges the hazards
and risks involved with technical diving, as well as the limits
of the training received in this course.
- To train the diver to prepare for and respond to the reasonably
foreseeable emergencies that may occur in this type of diving.
- To provide the foundational skills and knowledge for completing
the entire Technical Diver Program.
You can download it Medical
Tec 50 Training Dives
What's Involved? A minimum of 4 dives will be required during the
Dive One In Confined water or limited open water Depths:
2.4 metres - 10 metres Decompression: No stop only, five stop simulated
decompression Gases: Air or EANx
Dive Two In Open water Depths: 12 metres - 24 metres Decompression:
No stop only, 30 minutes simulated decompression Gases: Air or EANx
Dive Three In Open Water Depths: 30 metres - 50 metres Decompression:
Decompression dive with two decompression Gases: Air, EANx or oxygen
Dive Four In Open water Depths: 40 metres - 50 metres Decompression:
Decompression dive with two decompression gases Gases: Air, EANx
** Trimix is possible within limited conditions on this dive.
The PADi Tec Trimix 65 course
will enhance your skills even further and also challenage you on