It can appear a little confusing at first Scuba Diver, Open Water Diver, try dive and Basic Diver. What does it all mean and which course is right for me?
Try Dives and Basic Diver are great for individuals or small groups of family and friends to have fun together experiencing for the first time scuba diving, breathing underwater and amazing marine life from reef fish, octopus & cuttlefish and even rays and Angel Sharks! Group discounts apply.
The Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver courses are perfect for those that already know they want to learn to dive! Perfect for small groups of friends and family to learn to dive together in warm water with lots of fish and other marine life around to enhance the experience. Group discounts apply.
The Advanced Adventurer Course is for certified Open Water Divers that want to expand their diver skills & knowledge to dive to 30m opening up many more great Lanzarote dive sites such as The Blue Hole, Richies Place, the Harbour Wrecks and many more!
The SSI Stress & Rescue and React Right Courses are for certified Open Water Divers that want to learn the knowledge and skills to help avoid, reduce and deal with emergency scuba diving siutations.
- a fun way to discover scuba diving
- they take half a day
- perfect if you just want to give a go
- tick it off your bucket list of things to do
- great if short on time
- fab if you're not sure about learning to scuba dive yet
- a fun way to start to learn to dive
- perfect if short on time, only 1/2 a day
- learn scuba diver skills that count towards your Scuba Diver / Open Water certification
- afterwards you can go diving with an SSI professional
Scuba Diver Course
- 2 day course
- perfect if short on time
- learn core scuba diving skills that count towards your Open Water Diver certification
- certifies you to 12m with an SSI professional
Open Water Diver Course
- for those that definitely know they want to learn to dive!
- 4-5 day course
- learn the full range of open water scuba skills
- certifies you to dive to 18m with a dive buddy
- more dives, knowledge & skills
- 2-3 day course
- learn deeper diving skills
- certifies you to dive to 30m
Diver Stress & Rescue Course
- learn to recognise stress in divers
- learn rescue skills
- 1 day course
- probably your best course ever!
Dive Guide Course
- learn to safely guide dives
- dive & gas planning for group dives
- equipment considerations
- become a dive leader
Science of Diving Course
- the science behind diving theory
- theory only course
- become more knowledgeable
- upgrade to SSI Divemaster
Do I need to be fit and healthy to learn to dive?
You don't need to be super fit however you will be physically exerting yourself so you do need to be generally physically fit and in good health. There are conditions that will preclude you from participating, such as a history of respiratory conditions and heart disease or on the day being hangover or having a cold or congestion.
Every diver in Spain must complete the Diver Medical participant form.
If you can answer NO to all the questions on page 1 then you do not need a medical certificate from a doctor to dive.
If you answer YES to any of questions 3, 5 or 10 OR to any of the questions on page 2 in the corresponding section to the YES on page 1, then you will need to be medically assessed and page 3 signed off by a doctor before you can start your course.
Click to download the Diver Medical participant form and the accompanying diving medical guidance to the physician here.
Can I be assessed by a doctor in Lanzarote?
Yes, we have links with a doctor's surgery close to the dive centre that can complete the diver medical assessment.
Appointments need to be booked in advance. Please email info@lanzarotedivecentre.
Do I need to be able to swim to learn to dive?
You need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim 200m.
How do I book my course?
Please choose your course and then use the booking form on that page to book, alternatively email email@example.com
How big are the groups?
We prefer to keep the group sizes small.
0034 677 324 879 or 0034 693 555 030
0034 677 324 879 or 0034 693 555 030
Monday to Friday 08:45 - 16:00
Saturday 08:45 - 14:00